Sunday 29 April 2012

My partying Antics!! :) xxx

I've not written a blog update for a while, so i guess i have lots to tell you!!  I've been a busy little bee and today is probably first day i've had chance to write about my antics, plus its a horrible rainy day and i don't want to go anywhere!!  For a change though this blog is exciting update of what i've been up too! :)

If we go back a few weekends with the CF Unit Campaign we had a Abba Night, we raised £1792 after we paid all costs out for the tribute group etc.  It was a fabulous night! I had a brilliant time and for first time in a long time i danced all night and felt good! When i did sit down it was to talk to friends rather than because i couldn't breathe or was exhausted which was such an ace feeling after feeling so rubbish all last year, i could barely dance my way through one song.

I'm not biggest Abba fan, but everyone knows the songs and words, i have a couple of favourites!! Gimme Gimme Gimme, being the best Abba song in my opinion! x :) I'd been looking forward to this night since we started arranging it just cause it meant i could dress up! I loved my cute little 70's outfit i got off Ebay.


Even if i do say so myself i think i look pretty hot in this little outfit!! xxx hee hee!! Like i said it was a brilliant night, i don't know how i had time to dance with all the photos i took, i was like the paparazzi or a japaneze tourist!! lol xx I do love my camera though!! xx So here's my some more of my piccies!! xxx


Thats just a couple of my photos, the rest of them are all on my facebook profile if ya want a look!! xx

After an amazing weekend, my week didn't go quite as well, the people i love n care about were getting quite poorly, two people in particular i really care about.  The weekend was really tough time because the boy who has been like a brother to me since i've known him since he was tiny has become quite poorly.  So i spent the weekend up and down from the hospital visiting him, having little CF parties.  Sometimes the whole cross infection thing has to go out the window, we grow up together so close and we all understand the risks and agree to see each other.  This boy is a pure inspiration to me, having been told this could be the end, he has done everything in his power to keep fighting and is trying to get back on the transplant list so he can have a chance at a new life.  I'm not religious in anyway, i believe in fait and i just hope its on the cards for Aaron to get his new lungs because i don't know what i'll do without him, he's amazing!!
There are two people, who i'm so close to who are really poorly n need new lungs, as much as a love n care for my facebook friends who have cf and need shiny new lungs no one comes closer than the people i've grown up with n care about so much.  I've not seen Amy for a while as she lives in Leicester for now, but i actually met her in Mcdonalds last sat for half hour when she came down to visit Aaron.  So glad i got to see her as something very exciting happen to her few days ago!
On a happier note last friday my beautiful friend Amy who has been waiting for just over 2 years on transplant list got her transplant on Friday 27th April, the operation went well and we all thought she'd be on critical care til monday or tuesday, instead 2 days later today been sunday, she's wide awake and off critical care and back on the ward.  She's doing amazing and i'm so proud of her, obviously so thankful to the donar family, you saved my friends life and now hopefully she can have a new life and see her little 3year Annabella!

N just wanted to share this photo too, taken at Emma's 18th, 6/7 years ago! Amy wasn't there, but she got a little bored in hospital earlier this week and decided she wanted to be there, so sent me this photo! Yes that is me with blonde hair!! I look so much better with dark hair, less ill, n way prettier!! n then there's a baby aaron (so cute), birthday girl emma and my beautiful nat, who isn't with us anymore!! xxx my little CF family!! I love Amy's floating head!! :) xxxxxx
Then in last two weekend's i've had two Engagement parties! Yes i been out partying alot!! hee hee!! I feel like i'm 19 again, home at my parents and getting ready for nights out each weekend and getting daddy to drop us off! hee hee!

So first i went to Ames and Matt's party, me n Ames have been friends since we were 11, although we didn't really like each other till we 15.  Then we went to college, uni together and she is a wicked friend, love her to pieces and so pleased than Matt is gonna make an honest woman of her next year!! xx


This night also gave me a chance to sort things out with a little lady who used to be one of my closest friends, we hadn't spoke to few years, long story! But we sorted things out, cleaned the slate and had a great night! Life is so too short! It's a big relief sorting things, means we all have an amazing time at hen do's, weddings and birthday parties instead of celebrating things separate.

It was also ace to see the lovely Nomie who is one of my closest friends from Uni, but she lives in leeds so i don't see her much! It's always so much fun spending time with her, as well as her hubby Paul, Katy, Joe n Kerry! x Had a really good night.

This week i've been a busy little bee! We were given the opportunity to do collections at our local theatre whilst the full monty has been on! So i have been collecting there on Tuesday, Thursday and Sat night and the Matinee!! I'm a very dedicated soul to the cause.  We raised a fabulous 574.00 We are now in a position with the money raised from the Abba and Motown Night and my Calendar Sales to become a charity of our own! Which is really exciting stuff!!

As well as been at the theatre alot this week, i've also been to Manchester to stay the night at my lovely Sister in Law's Karen on Wed night, its kinda a little bonus to moving my care to Manchester, i get to see her more!! :) xx She ace, before she went to work she bought me a cuppa n some toast in bed!! Which i actually ate on floor, cuz didn't want get crumbs on the bed!! lol xxx ha ha!! I'm such a kind guest!! lol xxx

My clinic appointment, the appointment i've kind of been dreading! My diabetic appointment with Dr Rowe.  I've kinda as usual been bit of a weird case, my body still making the insulin but i do have high sugars with breakfast and some meals at tea.  I've been taking insulin just with my feed for years and been able to get away with not needing it with anything else.  Now i'm on small dose with breakfast every day and i've got to test my sugars with meals to see which foods i'm going to need the insulin with.

My lung function is still holding it's own at 1.0 litre! N i still feel really well with my chest, so it's all good, but i've booked in for some ivs middle of may, in two weeks time pre the skydive and then i will of gone 11 weeks without IV's. That considering last year is so good, i'm so impressed with my lungs.

My weight has dropped a little without my feed and they said i could just do it a couple times a week to help give me a little boost, but i've said i don't want to do it till i go in for my ivs because i've been so much better and i don't know if its because i'm not having my feed or if its because of the meropenim nebs.  When my consultant saw my sputum he said it was good because my sputum now looked like CF sputum and not milky feed.   I can notice the difference on a daily basis, i don't feel clogged and i haven't felt like i'm drowning in sputum anymore! So when i'm in hospital i've agreed to try my feed, so it can get monitored properly.  To see if the sputum changes and goes back to been thick horrid n milky!

Fingers crossed we'll get some answers, however they saying the answer might be having my feeds in the day, or after my tea, n that will affect my life alot more, i'm not sure i want that! I can't bolus it in because of the smell, i'd heave! So i need to use my pump! So who knows what we gonna do! I guess i just have to try things out n see what happens in a few weeks time.  Until then hopefully the insulin will give me a little more energy n help my weight a bit too!! If not i'll just keep drinking lots more wine, like i did Sat night, thats high in calories and then i'll soon pile on the pounds!! lol xx

My second Engagement Party was for my bestest friend Stephanie, it was just casual drinks to celebrate at a pub in Newcastle.  Love you Steph and so happy for you and Ben!! :) xxx

I think that you all updated now on me n my antics!! Yes i have been a little party animal lately!! but hey i'm well and my body letting me and i rest when i need to.  It's all good!!

So next week i have the most exciting weekend of all planned!! I just can't wait, i'm so excited i could actually wee a little!! lol xx On thursday i'm going to london to meet Sophie Gannon!! Its gonna be the best bank holiday ever! We are going to Whipsnade Zoo on the friday, i have my ticket booked, so some nice weather please!! :) xx Soph adopted me a giraffe there for christmas so i'm gonna meet Savannah too!! Then saturday we have the FA cup final!! Soph is a massive Chelsea fan!! I'm driving down in my lovely little car, just me n open road.  I was planning on stopping for lunch in Leicester on the way with Amy, but hey some people will do anything to get out of lunch, like have a transplant!! ha ha!!

When i get back you'll so get a blog update saying, me n soph did this, n me n soph did that.  hee hee with lots n lots of photos of me n soph n giraffes!! Cuz they my fave animals in the world!! xxx

Well i've been on and off writing this blog all day! N i think i'm finally done!! Takes so long to upload the photos on here!

I'll be back blogging again now, i'm sure u have all missed me!! xxx

Love to you all and thanks for reading!! xx

:) xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment